Types of Shower Screens and How to Pick the Most Suitable One?
Your bathroom is one of the most important spaces in your home. When you go for constructing a new bathroom or renovating an old one, you can surely give an extra edge to it by installing the glass shower screens. It is one of the most personal spaces in your home and one that must reflect your personality. One of the important elements of bathroom design that you must pay due attention to are shower screens or doors. Now people are installing the glass shower screens in their bathroom, because glass screens can provide an elegant look and the poly-layer of these shower screens can provide you rust-resistant facility.
Some Popular Types of Shower Screens
- Frameless: These are preferred for modern and contemporary-looking bathrooms and give the space a functional and sleek look. These are secured with simple steel or silicon brackets. As they have a small number of parts, these are the easiest to clean. Frameless shower screens require less space in your bathroom and they can easily be installed along the floor and the wall like free-standing style.
- Semi-Framed: This is a popular option and is said to offer the best of both worlds. The glass is framed with aluminium along the top and bottom but there is no frame between the glass panels. These are great to look at but the aluminium frame has small life span and water will affect it. So you need to change these parts or frames after a certain time.
- Fully Framed: These are a less popular option as they have a number of parts and cleaning them can be tedious. This is why fully framed doors are mostly chosen only when there are no better options. But fully framed shower screens can decorate your bathroom in a traditional style, and you can also get better longevity through these shower screens.
- Pivot Doors: These doors swing open form one side but can also be installed so as to open both in and out. However, pivot doors require some amount of free space to operate and are not suited to small bathrooms.
Best 4 ways to choose the ideal shower screens for your bathroom:
- Pick the Right Style: Now that you know about some of the basic types of shower screens and doors, it is important that you pick one that is most ideal for your bathroom. Consider the space available to you and the look that you are aiming for when picking a design.
- Fix a Budget: Once you start looking for different shower doors and screens, you will find that they are available in several different price ranges and qualities. To ensure that you do not get carried away with the choices, fix a budget and try to stick as close to it as possible. Is It Easy to Maintain? This is a subjective question as not everyone worries about how hard it is to maintain their shower door. But if you have a bust life and do not have a housekeeper to help you in your chores, make sure that the screen you choose is easy to maintain and clean.
- Consider the Spacing: As mentioned before, there are some door designs that require significant open space while some can make do with almost none. Try to pick a door that suits the spacing in your bathroom.
Designers are now using software that allows them to digitally recreate a space, such as your bathroom and add screens or doors to it. The visual representation makes it easier for you to see how the screen will actually look in your bathroom, thus helping you make the right decision.Share This: